IBM VisualAge C++ (VA C++) is a family of C and C++ development packages available for different platforms and operating systems.
The OS/2 version that replaced the IBM C Set++ for OS/2 product with a more modern visually oriented development system written in Smalltalk like the rest of the VisualAge products. It came with a WPS integrated "Workframe" that replaced the mostly text based WorkFrame/2 and was a integrated product unlike the latter tool, an "Visual Builder" for visual programming of visual and non-visual parts, compiler/linker, a Debugger and sundry build and Make tools and other utilities.
If certain rules were followed code written under the VisualAge C++ system was portable between OS/2, MS Windows and AIX without any changes, and the package offered a number of tools and libraries to ease porting between the supported operating systems.
- IBM VisualAge C++ 3.0 (1995) - 5622-679
- IBM VisualAge C++ 3.5 (Windows 95/NT only) - 5622-880
- C and C++ Compilers for OS/2, AIX and Windows NT Version 3.6 - 5648-A81, PN 04L3535
- IBM VisualAge C++ Professional 4.0 (Dec 1998) for OS/2 Warp and Windows NT
AS/400 Host Server
- IBM VisualAge C++ for AS/400 V3R6 (1996) - 5716-CX4
- IBM VisualAge C++ for AS/400 V3R7 (1998) - 5716-CX5
- IBM VisualAge C++ for AS/400 V4R4 (2000) - 5769-CX5
- IBM VisualAge C++ Professional for AIX (Jul 1998) - 5765-D52
- IBM VisualAge C++ Professional for AIX, V5.0 (Mar 2000) - 5765-E26 - introduced ISO C++ 1998
- IBM VisualAge C++ Professional for AIX, V6.0 (Jul 2002) - 5765-F56, PN 45P8290
Available for AIX and later Linux PowerPC with an additional separate command line only compiler equivalent to the "IBM C and C++ Compilers" that is known as simply "C for AIX".
- Linux on pSeries
- IBM VisualAge C++ V6.0 for Linux (Apr 2003)
- IBM VisualAge C++ V6.0 for Linux refresh (Jan 2004)
- Nilsson, Jakab: VisualAge for C++ Visual Programmer's Handbook - Prentice Hall, ISBN 0-13-614322-9
- IBM commercial software