IBM C Set++ for OS/2
A C/C++ development system by IBM for creating 32 bit OS/2 applications. The compiler itself appears to be a port of the C Set++ tools from AIX that were also available for OS/400, but version numbers did not match and the GUI utilities and front ends were specific to OS/2.
In addition to the compiler the system came with a visual trace analysis tool, a GUI IDE, a graphical debugger and a graphical C++ class browser. Note that as of version 2.1 the compiler was still not ANSI/ISO C++ compatible but rather confirmed to the AT&T 3 standard. Otherwise the package is notable as the first PC C++ compiler that correctly and fully implemented templates and exceptions.
- IBM C Set++ 2.0 - Introduced 1993-05-31 - RRP US$175 or US$125 upgrade from IBM C Set/2 - includes:
- IBM WorkFrame/2 Version 1.1
- OS/2 Developer's Toolkit 2.0 + Developer's Toolkit Updates
- IBM C Set++ 2.1 - Dec 1993 - Came bundled with a free cut-down version of KASE:Set from Kaseworks. Original RRP was USD 393 for the CD-ROM version.
- IBM Workframe/2 Version 1.1 + Version 2.1
- OS/2 Developer's Toolkit 2.1
- Class library support for drag/drop functions
- CTC0012 - Compiler
- CTL0009 - Class Library
- CTS0005 - Class Library Sources
- CTM0010 - ILCUI
C Set++ FirstStep
A cut down version of C Set++ 2.1 intended for beginners and students, it came bundled with the 2.1 SDK, IBM WorkFrame/2 v1.1, Enhanced Editor 5.51a and a tutorial book. Original RRP was 85 USD in 1994.
After the introduction of VisualAge C++ IBM continued to sell C Set++ as a part of a beginners development package that bundled it with OS/2 Warp for Windows, KASE:Set, WorkFrame/2 and the Book "Experience C++" at a bargain price, RRP was USD 249 in 1994.
- Reference materials
- S61G-1178-00 IBM C/C++ Tools: Collection Class Library Reference
- S61G-1179-00 IBM C/C++ Tools: User Interface Class Library Reference
- S61G-1180-00 IBM C/C++ Tools: Standard Class Library Reference
- S61G-1181-00 IBM C/C++ Tools: Programming Guide
- S61G-1183-00 IBM C/C++ Tools: C Library Reference
- S61G-1184-00 IBM C/C++ Tools: Debugger Introduction
- S61G-1185-00 IBM C/C++ Tools: C++ Language Reference
- S61G-1186-00 IBM C/C++ Tools: Class Library Reference Summary
- S61G-1397-00 IBM C/C++ Tools: Browser Introduction
- S61G-1398-00 IBM C/C++ Tools: Execution Trace Analyzer Introduction
- S61G-1399-00 IBM C/C++ Tools: C Language Reference
- S61G-1428-00 IBM C++: Workframe/2 Introduction
- S61G-1441-00 IBM C/C++ Tools: Reference Summary
- Related Articles
Licence and availability
Discontinued. IBM Commercial Software