IBM VisualAge C++ 3.5
|IBM VisualAge C++ 3.5|
|Name||VisualAge for C++ for Windows|
Because of the large amount of changes needed to support Windows 95 and NT a version of 3.0.x for MS Windows was never released, however a version 3.5 was introduced that is mostly compatible with the VisualAge C++ 3.0 for OS/2 and is even better supported with 3.6.5.
- Available in German and Japanese in addition to English.
- IBM Open Class Library
- Compound Document Framework - OLE 2 component development
- Visual Application Builder
- Data Access Class Builder - supports access to DB2, Oracle and Sybase via ODBC
- Direct-to-SOM (SOM 2.1)
- VisualAge Browser
- VisualAge Performance Execution Trace Analyzer
Latest version is 3.5.9-PF1 for the English version, 3.5.9 for the Japanese version and 3.5.2 for the German version.
- Version 3.5 for MS Windows has English Fixpak 9 available for it, but you should also install the fixes included in PostFix 1.
- The German version has Fixpak 2 available.
- The Japanese version has Fixpak 9 but got none of the Postfixes that were introduced for the English language version.
- Marc Carrel-Billiard: Programming with VisualAge for C++ for Windows - PH PTR 1997, ISBN 0-13-618208-9
- Gabrielle Gagnon: VisualAge for C++ for Windows  - A part of a C++ based RAD development tool group review from PC Magazine (Feb 1997)