A LISP interpreter for DOS marketed by the Microsoft Corporation in the 1980's, it is actually a licensed version of muLISP that omits the compiler but is otherwise mostly identical. In addition to the interpreter the system comes with and editor, a symbolic debugger, a collection of libraries, a tutorial and example programs. Prior to the release of "Microsoft LISP", Microsoft had been the exclusive distributor of muLISP.
- Microsoft LISP v4.11
- Last update in the 4.x branch. There is no Microsoft version of 5.0, that was a muLISP only release.
- Microsoft LISP v5.10 (1986-01-06)
- Twice a many primitives as v4.11 and heaps as big as 512k. First release with Common Lisp compatibility (not full).
- PC or MS DOS 2.0 or higher
- 128k of memory
- muLISP Compiler v4.11
- muLISP Compiler v5.10
- Normally only sold as a part of the muLISP package, but offered as an add on to Microsoft LISP owners for USD 149 in 1986 by Soft Warehouse.
- muMATH - Symbolic mathematics package
- Sold by Microsoft as a standalone package or as an add-on to Microsoft LISP.
- muSIMP - Algol like language
- An Algol like programming language that ran on top of Microsoft LISP.
Licence and availability
Discontinued commercial software, retail price when new USD 250.