EDM/2 Wiki Updates
EDM/2 is the premier site to find OS/2 software development information.
There haven't been EDM/2 news posted to the public in a long time, but the work to update the wiki continues. Since the last post news (September 2013) there had been a lot of clean up work on the articles and content that has been updated.
Here it is a quick summary of the latest changed on the Wiki.
This are the new articles included on the Wiki since the last news post:
- The ACPI Project Architecture
- IBM OS/2 Device Driver Development Kit - 2016-10-31
- IBM WorkFrame/2 API - 2016-10-20
- Compiling "OS/2 Presentation Manager Programming" Samples on 2016 by Martín Itúrbide (July, 2016)
- The Quick and Dirty "Hello World" with GCC by Martín Itúrbide (May 31, 2016)
- PostWhat WPS Class Example (Dec, 2013)
Non-EDM/2 Republished Articles
There are several OS/2, ArcaOS and eComStation programming articles floating around. When the authors authorize to republish their articles, it can be included on the wiki.
The re-published articles on the EDM/2 wiki are:
- SOM Collection Classes: A Primer for the VisualAge COBOL Programmer by Robert A. Pittman, Jr. (Jul 1996)
- OS/2 Warp Server: An Architectural Primer by Philip Lieberman (Jun 1996)
- Building Object-Oriented Applications from Existing C Code by Gregory Piamonte(Aug 1996)
- Enabling Industrial-Strength OO Applications with SOM and CORBAservices by Geoff Hambrick (Apr 1996)
- IBM System Object Model--The Wave of the Future (and Now!) by Rick Weaver (Apr 1996)
- Why SOM? by Brian Curran (Apr 1996)
- OpenDoc and Human-Computer Interaction by Ralph M. Pipitone (Oct 1995)
- Getting Object-Oriented with DB2 for OS/2 V2.1 By Rick Weaver (Aug 1995)
- Designing Lotus Notes Applications That Perform by Lisa Woody (February 1996)
- OS/2 Warp 4: Java by Andrew Johnson & Matthew Vaughton (Dec 1996)
- OS/2 Warp 4: Develop with Java by Herman Rodriguez, Miguel Sang (Dec 1996)
- Using Watcom C/C++ 11.0c on OS/2 by Michal Necasek (November 2001)
- Nonformal introduction to ADA-95 by Leonid Dulman (1996-Nov)
Books and Tutorials
We did some rearrangement on the past and generated this new article with OS/2 related Development documentation.
The OS/2 API Project
There had been also an important effort to continue with "The OS/2 API Project" and consolidate more information about the OS/2 native API and also third party libraries.
The File by File Documentation Project
On the EDM/2 wiki there are also the effort to document more information about each of OS/2's files. The files are listed under Category:Files.
Trying to get a different way to view all OS/2's components there is also the Components category on this page Category:Components, when we try to explain the building blocks that compose OS/2 .
I want to thank all the authors that allowed their articles and documentation to be published on the EDM/2 wiki.
Please visit: http://www.edm2.com
Help is always welcome, contact me if you want to help me with the wiki.