Porting X Window System programs
(Redirected from Porting from Unix X-Window platforms)
This section will cover the basic steps for porting programs written for X Window System.
- Xlib - protocol client library
- Xt (X Toolkit Intrinsics) - support for creating and using graphical control elements
- Xaw (X Athena Widgets) - widget set
- Xaw3d - widget set with Motif look and feel
- Xm Motif
- OLIT (OPEN LOOK Intrinsics Toolkit)
Using an OS/2-based X Library
- Installation of EMX development environment
- Installation of XFree86/2
- Instead of XFree86 provided X servers, which will run in full screen mode, it should be possible to use a PM-based X11 server product (Exceed, HOBLink X11 or IBM PMX) or a Java-based X11 server.
Building an Xlib program:
Using the OS/2 Presentation Manager API
Network transparency features of the X11 protocol will be lost.