Reads a string of characters from the display, starting at the specified location.
rc = VioReadCharStr(CharStr, Length, Row, Column, VioHandle);
- CharStr (PCH) - output
- Character buffer.
- Address of the buffer where the character string is returned.
- Length (PULONG) - in/out
- Length of buffer.
- Address of the buffer length in bytes.
- Row (ULONG) - input
- Starting row location.
- Starting row of the field to read, where 0 is the top row.
- Column (ULONG) - input
- Starting column location.
- Starting column of the field to read, where 0 is the leftmost column.
- VioHandle (HVIO) - input
- Vio presentation-space handle.
- This must be 0, unless the caller is a Presentation Manager application; in this case, it must be the value returned by VioCreatePS.
rc (APIRET) - returns
VioReadCharStr returns one of the following values:
- 0 NO_ERROR
- 355 ERROR_VIO_MODE
- 358 ERROR_VIO_ROW
- 359 ERROR_VIO_COL
- 421 ERROR_VIO_INVALID_PARMS
- 436 ERROR_VIO_INVALID_HANDLE
If a string read comes to the end of the line and is not complete, it continues at the beginning of the next line. If the read comes to the end of the screen and is not complete, it terminates, and the length is set to the number of characters read.