Provides limited support for the FAT32 file system under OS/2.
You should note that the actual sector IO per read action is NOT determined by an application, but by the IFS. For FAT access single sector reads are done. For Directory and Files IO reads are done on a cluster base. By setting the RASECTORS you can define the minimum number of sectors the IFS will read from disk and place in the cache.
NOTE: For Warp 4 with fixpak 10 you need at least ver.0.88, for Warp for e-business (Aurora) at least ver.0.89.
TIP: Since Fixpak 12 for Warp4 Fdisk can handle FAT32. To boot update the OS/2 Bootmanager (by first deleting, and new installation).
- Disable the messages shown at boot up.
- Specifies the cache size in kilobytes.
- Value can be in the range from 0 to 2048 . If not set it defaults to 1024 Kbytes.
- This option is needed by the Monitor.exe program.
- Defines the numbers of sectors which should be read per read action and
- Gives support for the Extended Attributes (EAs).
IFS=C:\OS2\FAT32.IFS /cache:2048 /h /ac:* /largefiles /Q
|OS/2 2.x||OS/2 3.0||OS/2 4.0||OS/2 4.5x|