Open source install manager and associated utilities with limited package management functionality published by the Netlabs organisation. The WarpIN archives are packed with the gzip compatible libbzip compression library and can be de-compressed using Bzip if you do not have access to WarpIN itself.
- It can maintain a global database of installed packages and therefore can de-install everything that has ever been installed without leaving any trace.
- The global database can maintain package dependencies so that WarpIN will tell you if a package cannot be safely installed without installing another package first. Reversely, it will warn you if you attempt to de-install a package that is still required by other packages.
- You don't have to download the same installer with every package, which should reduce package sizes.
In addition, WarpIN can automatically do all system configuration (update CONFIG.SYS, register WPS classes, and create WPS objects). Even better, when a package is de-installed, it can undo all these changes again without a trace. All this happens without the user having to bother with the details.
- 1.0.21 (2015-11-02)
- Latest Version: WarpIn 1.0.22 (2016-01-25)
- Open source software released under the GPL v2