IBM's VisualAge TeamConnection is a Software Configuration Management (SCM) client and server product.
Version 3 offered a web interface that allowed a degree of platform neutrality. The product was quite novel when it was first introduced, while it had support for legacy code from systems and languages such as COBOL, PL/I and IBM IMS. It was built around an object-oriented paradigm that mated extremely well with languages such as Smalltalk, C++ and Java.
In 1997, TeamConnection became part of the VisualAge family of IBM's Application Development products. It was available for OS/2, Windows NT, HP-UX, Solaris, and AIX.
- Asset Locator: a portal to search for enterprise assets and improve component reuse and impact analysis throughout the development lifecycle.
- Response times on TeamConnection actions, including part views and queries, have been significantly improved.
- Extended integration with Lotus Notes to the Internet. Using a Web browser, you can create, update, and share requirements documents, design documents, and test case in support of applications developed under the control of TeamConnection.
- Support of XML provides delivery of application metadata on demand.
- Integration with Tivoli software distribution
- TCMerge is an improved graphical merge facility for reconciling parallel modifications to source code.
- More extensive platform support for support client, server and build facilities on Sun Solaris and build services on MVS/Open Edition (MVS/OE).
- IBM's DB2 Universal Database (UDB) Version 5 ships with VisualAge TeamConnection and provides its underlying repository for enhanced scalability and performance.
- Support of SCC API seamless integration with other development environments, such as Microsoft's Visual Basic and Visual C++ or Sybase's Powerbuilder.
- Inclusion of DataDictionary in TeamConnection allows users to leverage and extend legacy assets from PL/I, COBOL and IMS
- Version 2.0
- Fixpak 9
- Version 3
- Fixpak 3.0.1
- Fixpak 3.0.2
- VisualAge TeamConnection Enterprise Server 3.06
- IBM OS/2 Warp 4 or higher, 256 MB of memory
- IBM OS/2 Warp 4.0, 64 MB of memory
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 SP4 or higher, 64 MB of memory
- IBM AIX 4.2.1 or higher, 256 MB of memory
- HP-UX 10.20 or higher, 256 MB of memory
- SunSoft Solaris 2.5.1 or higher, 256 MB of memory
- VisualAge TeamConnection Enterprise Server - Keeping Your Build Process on a Short Leash - IBM Redbook SG245260 - 1998