vile (Vi Like Emacs)
Extensible multi-platform programmer's editor that was forked from MicroEMACS and released for DOS in 1990 and since ported to a host of architectures, basically retains architecture, the multiple buffers and windows features from MicroEMACS but changes the keyboard shortcuts and command structure to that of vi.
- Command completion, history
- Syntax colouring: C/C++, Java, Perl, HTML, shell scripts
- vile 7.0 (1997) - 
- vile 9.5 (2005-07-25) - 
- vile 9.6 (2007-12-27)
- vile 9.7 (2008-06-14)
- vile 9.8 (2010-08-08) - vil98os2.zip
- Open source, older version were based on MicroEMACS code and thus released as copyright software with a no commercial usage clause, current version released under the GNU GPL v2 License.
- Paul Fox (Original fork)
- Thomas E. Dickey (Current developer)