VX-REXX Extras Library
VX-REXX Extras is an extension library for Watcom VX-REXX version 2.1. It contains a number of useful functions and several new object classes (a Warp 4 style notebook control, an improved graphical pushbutton, a progress bar, and a tooltip control).
A library package for VX-REXX that focuses on making available more modern UI constructs than are shipped with the now rather vintage Watcom package, it is delivered as a dynamic link library (VROBJEX.DLL) that is used as both the object library for developers and as a runtime for end users.
Amongst other enhancements the package offers:
- Support for flyover help (tooltips) with any type of control.
- A progress bar control supporting different visual styles (Progress).
- An enhanced button control supporting various combinations of image and text (IconButton)
- A Warp-4-style notebook control (TabbedDialog)
- A colour selection dialog (using the PM "colour wheel" control)
- A directory selection dialog
- Functions for accessing clipboard even from text-mode programs
- VX-REXX Extras version 1.3.2
Open source software released under the Three Clause BSD Licence