Robert L. Tycast was an Advisory Programmer in the OS/2 Development group. Over the last 15 years, Robert has had project experience in XII, AI Technology (LISP and OPS5 support), and technical workstations (VMS and ULTRIX).
- OpenDoc: An Idea Whose Time has Come! (Nov 1993)
- OpenDoc Technology: Basic Concepts (Mar 1994)
- Open Scripting Architecture: Scripting for the Masses (Jun 1994)
- Writing OpenDoc Part Handlers: Hello World (Jan 1995)
- Hello World: Part II, OpenDoc Views and Presentation Types (Apr 1995)
- Understanding How OpenDoc "Ticks" Using Trace and Debug Tools (Aug 1995)
- Republishing Information
- IBM gave permission to republish the articles from Developer Connection News on the EDM/2 Wiki.
- IBM Copyright Permission #21362
- Tycast: IBM’s Official Guide to OpenDoc Programming for OS/2: Designing Parts for OS/2, Windows and Mac – IDG Books 1996, ISBN 1-56884-598-7
- Tycast; Searls: OpenDoc Patterns: Designing Parts for OS/2, Windows, UNIX and the Macintosh – Wiley 1996, ISBN 0-471-14835-0