RexxUtil (REXXUTIL.DLL) is a IBM library of REXX functions for interacting with the operating system. It is available, with minor differences, on most platforms where the IBM REXX interpreter is available, including OS/2, Windows, and Linux. This document describes the OS/2 version, and applies to OS/2 Warp 3 and all subsequent releases.
RexxUtil includes routines for:
- Manipulating files and directories at the filesystem level.
- Manipulating classes and objects in the Workplace Shell.
- Performing screen input and output in OS/2 command prompts.
- Managing character-based input and output according to locale-specific rules.
- Accessing selected operating system functions for process management.
- Manipulating REXX stem variables.
- IBM Version: Copyrighted included with OS/2.
- Clone Version: Common Public License.