A programming language is a formal language that specifies a set of instructions that can be used to produce various kinds of output. Programming languages generally consist of instructions for a computer. Programming languages can be used to create programs that implement specific algorithms.
- First-generation programming language (1GL)
- Second-generation programming language (2GL)
- Third-generation programming language (3GL)
- Fourth-generation programming language (4GL)
- Table-driven: PowerBuilder