MIT Scheme License
A fairly permissive open source licence developed for MIT Scheme, it is no longer in use, but still holds for older releases. It is one of the oldest open source licences out there.
Note that the licence text below is here for reference purposes and unlike other material on the EDM/2 Wiki is not under the Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 licence and should be treated under its own terms, or if an addition by the combined terms of the addition and the licence that it is an addition to. As it is a licence with fixed terms the text below it should not be modified except for formatting purposes, if a more recent version is published a new page should be created for that licence since software packages that do not get updated will continue to be governed by the terms of the older licence.
Text of licence
This material was developed by the Scheme project at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. Permission to copy and modify this software, to redistribute either the original software or a modified version, and to use this software for any purpose is granted, subject to the following restrictions and understandings.
- Any copy made of this software must include this copyright notice in full.
- Users of this software agree to make their best efforts (a) to return to the MIT Scheme project any improvements or extensions that they make, so that these may be included in future releases; and (b) to inform MIT of noteworthy uses of this software.
- All materials developed as a consequence of the use of this software shall duly acknowledge such use, in accordance with the usual standards of acknowledging credit in academic research.
- MIT has made no warrantee or representation that the operation of this software will be error-free, and MIT is under no obligation to provide any services, by way of maintenance, update, or otherwise.
- In conjunction with products arising from the use of this material, there shall be no use of the name of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology nor of any adaptation thereof in any advertising, promotional, or sales literature without prior written consent from MIT in each case.