Lotus Word Pro
A word processing software produced by Lotus Development Corporation and later by IBM that runs on OS/2 and Microsoft Windows, it was available standalone or as part of the Lotus SmartSuite office suite. Word Pro was based on the user interface and a little bit of the code from Lotus Ami Pro but was mainly re-written from scratch and introduced a new document file format.
- 1997: Word Pro 96 Edition for OS/2 Warp
- Last OS/2 version is a part of the Lotus Smartsuite 1.7.3 package and was not supplied separately. Any 1.7.x version can be updated into 1.7.3 via free fixpacks. Note that OS/2 and Windows version numbers are not in sync, 1.7.x versions of the OS/2 product share a codebase with the 9.8.x version for MS Windows.
- Windows 3.x (Win-OS/2)
- 1996: Word Pro 96 - shipped as part of Lotus Smartsuite 4.0
- 1997: Word Pro 97 - shipped as part of Lotus Smartsuite 4.5
- Windows 32
- 1996: Word Pro 96
- 1997: Word Pro 97
- 1999: WordPro 9.5
- Last MS Windows 32 bit versions: As part of IBM Smartsuite 9.8.61 for English language Passport Advantage licence holders. 9.8.6 for International Passport Advantage licence holders. 9.8.1 is the last GA version (No Passport Advantage licence needed). Strangely enough, there are international versions of 9.8.61 available, but only for English language Passport Advantage holders, in other words you can get the software currently in the language versions below, but only if you agree to use only English ...
- IBM states that Smartsuite and therefore Word Pro will not install and work on 64-bit Microsoft Windows operating systems, this is only half true, the use of 16-bit installer code means that the installer and some auxiliary programs supplied with the Lotus/IBM Smartsuite will not install or run. However the bulk of the Smartsuite is actually 32-bit code and will install and work on 64-bit systems if you get hold of a relatively recent IBM branded version which uses a 32-bit installer.
NLP versions for OS/2 1.73 and Windows 9.8.61
- International English (USA, UK, Australia & South Africa)
- Brazilian Portuguese
Closed source commercial software, currently only available as a part of an extended support contract.