A multi-platform XML parser and related utilities written in C that can be utilised as a library or compiled as an external utility, in addition there are a number of bindings available for other languages and a separate version for Python known simply as Libxml2-Python that is available in versions for both Python 2 and 3 (There is also a binding available for Python if you prefer). The officially supported language bindings include C++, Pascal, Perl, PHP, Ruby and Tcl in addition to the aforementioned Python option.
Libxml2 was originally developed alongside a XSL Transformations (XSLT) parser C library originally called xslt library but later renamed "Libxslt", it was in most cases ported alongside Libxml2 and released in conjunction with it. As XSLT turned out to be much less used than was intended this practice stopped and development and ports of it have slowed down considerably, but a reasonably modern OS/2 port exists. Like Libxml2 there is also a Python version available although in source form only as no-one has compiled an OS/2 version of it.
- Last known version: Libxml2 v2.9.4 (2016-05-23)
- Last known OS/2 Binary: Libxml2 v2.7.8 (2010-11-19)
- It is a judgement call if you choose to use the already ported Libxml2 or just compile from the most current sources, utilising the diffs from the OS/2 port appears to allow you to compile the newest version without any errors being flagged, on the other hand that has not been tested very much, and there are no major functionality differences between the two versions although there is quite a lot of bug fixes and general improvements. Same goes for Libxslt.
- Last known version: Libxslt v1.1.29 (2016-05-24)
- Last known OS/2 version: Libxslt v1.1.15 (2006-08-17)
Open source software released under the MIT Licence