This call closes the existing logical keyboard identified by the keyboard handle.
- KbdHandle (HKBD) - input
- Default keyboard or the logical keyboard.
- rc (USHORT) - return
- Return code descriptions are:
- 0 - NO_ERROR
- 439 - ERROR_KBD_INVALID_HANDLE
- 464 - ERROR_KBD_DETACHED
- 504 - ERROR_KBD_EXTENDED_SG
KbdClose blocks while another thread has the keyboard focus (by way of KbdGetFocus) until the thread with the focus issues KbdFreeFocus. Therefore, to prevent KbdClose from blocking, it is recommended that KbdClose be issued only while the current thread has the focus. For example:
- Wait until focus available on handle 0.
- Close a logical keyboard handle.
- Close another logical keyboard handle.
- Close still another logical keyboard handle.
- Give up the focus on handle 0.
#define INCL_KBD USHORT rc = KbdOpen(KbdHandle); PHKBD KbdHandle; /* Keyboard handle */ USHORT rc; /* return code */
EXTRN KbdOpen:FAR INCL_KBD EQU 1 PUSH@ WORD KbdHandle ;Keyboard handle CALL KbdOpen Returns WORD