A multi-platform open source C library for creating, reading and writing JPEG graphic files, with a very limited support for reading and writing GIF files as well. It was originally created in 1991 by a group known as the Independent JPEG Group as a reference implementation and library for the JPEG file format and is widely used and has been forked a numerus times in search for more compression or faster speeds.
- LibC Version (Netlabs RPM repository): "yum install libjpeg" (2016-11-30)
- EMX version: Jpeglib 9.b (2016-07-02) Requires EMX 0.9c or later.
Open source software released under the BSD like Jpeglib Licence
Authors & publisher
- Independent JPEG Group
- Thomas G. Lane (Original author)
- Guido Vollbeding (Original Maintainer)
- Bob Friesenhahn (Current maintainer)
- Lee Howard (Current maintainer)
- Jonathan Ciesla (Current maintainer)
- Frank Warmerdam (Current maintainer)
- Mikuláš Patočka (OS/2 port)