IBM PC Macro Assembler
IBM PC Macro Assembler was IBM's offering for the IBM PC. In comparison to Microsoft MASM it also includes a preprocessor called SALUT (Structured Assembly Language Utilities) and was shipped with different documentation.
- 1982: IBM Macro Assembler Version 1.00
- Aug 1984: IBM Macro Assembler Version 2.00 - added support for 80286 and 8087/80287
IBM Macro Assembler/2 which also supports OS/2 was introduced in 1987.
- Lafore: Assembly Language Primer for the IBM PC, ISBN 0-452-25711-5
- PC Magazine 1984-10-29 p.132 Assembly by Charles Petzold
- ZP86-4065 - 1987-02-03: IBM PC Macro Assembler Version 2.0 (Dual Media)
- Microsoft Macro Assembler (MASM) Unofficial Changelist