IBM Developer Connection Release 2
IBM Developer Connection Release 2 program consisted of four levels: Guest, Member, Advanced and Premier. Each level included the previous level and builds on the content.
Guest level was available on the Web to any registered application developer. From our Web site, at our Home Page, developers can register, review and download sample source code, technical documents, hints and tips, operating system tools, software server and Java utilities - available at no charge.
Member level includes the Guest level contents and provides additional value by adding the convenience of CD-ROMs, a Java-enabled browser, more documents and non-IBM tools. The Developer Connection News also is included in the Member level offering.
Advanced level builds on the Member level by providing toolkits for IBM Operating Systems and IBM Software Servers enabling development on IBM and non-IBM platforms. With an Advanced level subscription you have the tools to build Java, Internet, software server, or strictly operating system applications. The Developer Connection News also is included in the Advanced level offering.
Premier level builds on the Advanced level and adds System Management Tools and a comprehensive test environment for IBM Software Server applications. Some of the IBM Software Servers included are: DB2 Database Server, Internet Server and Communications Server. The Premier level includes the IBM Developer Connection News and more than 1000 tools and documents.
- Media: 8 CD-ROM Member, 9 CD-ROMs Advanced
- Date: May 1997 to March 1998
- Contents: IBM Developer Connection Release 2 Volume 1
- CD #: 24 CDs
- Date: June 1998
- Contents: IBM Developer Connection Release 2 Volume 2
- CD #: 27 CDs Member / 23 CDs Advanced Level
- Date: 1999 - 2000
- Contents: IBM Developer Connection Release 2 Volume 3
- CD #: 117 professional CDs
- Date: October 2001
- Contents: IBM Developer Connection Release 2 Volume 4
- CD #: 55 CDs
- Date: May 2002
- Contents: IBM Developer Connection Release 2 Volume 5