Future Wave Editor
A small but deceptively powerful programmers editor from the Japanese company Future Wave Limited.
Amongst features on offer:
- The file size is unlimited and you can edit up to 12 files at the same time. (Up to 10,000,000 lines can be edited.)
- Only on DBCS systems: full DBCS support, you can edit EUC and JIS encoded files.
- Unlimited undo and redo.
- Customizable (Environment, Key Assignment, Keyword Setting) Environments (language compiler support etc.) can be automatically changed by file extensions.
- Syntax highlighting customizable by keywords, included definitions for C/C++, Basic, Java, Pascal and REXX
- Support for REXX macros.
- built in grep. (search for strings in multiple files)
- Regular expressions can be used in Search, Replace, and grep.
- A function to run external programs
- Help features of APIs can be displayed with the Help of Toolkit, etc.
- Powerful support for program development (displays a list of functions, jumps to corresponding parentheses).
- Latest version: 2.25 Japanese - 2.25 English
- Requires: OS/2 Version 3 or higher, any version of eComStation.
- English - Built in.
- Japanese - Built in.
- Russian - Separate download, translation done by Alex Slyotov (Only works with the English edition).
- Commercial - Shareware: US $40 or JP ￥4000 registration fee - Fully functional shareware package.
- Optional code page setting/switching tool - In Japanese only (主・副コードページ FWE同時稼動設定ツール)
- Graphics mode configuration - In Japanese only and possibly only useful on DCBS systems. (描画モード設定ユーティリティ)
- Library for regular expressions in Japanese
- Future Wave Editor at the BMT Micro site. (Note download on BMT site is outdated)
Future Wave Limited. (Est. 1996)