This call returns the far address of the specified resource.
DosGetResource2 (ModHandle, TypeID, NameID, ResAddr)
- ModHandle (HMODULE) - input
- The location of the resource.
- 0 - The executable file of the current process.
- <> 0 - A handle to a dynamic link module returned by DosLoadModule.
- TypeID (USHORT) - input
- A 16 bit resource type ID (see Remarks).
- NameID (USHORT) - input
- A 16 bit resource name ID (see Remarks).
- ResAddr (PULONG) - output
- Address of the resource address.
- rc (USHORT) - return
- Return code descriptions are:
- 0 NO_ERROR
- 6 ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE
A resource is read-only data generated by the Resource Compiler that can be accessed dynamically at run time. The access key consists of two 16-bit numbers, the first of which is a type ID and the second, a name ID. These numbers are similar in concept to the file extension and file name portions of a file name.
The advantage of a resource is that it can be bundled into an application's executable file, so a single file contains all of the code and data for an application.
Resource segments obtained through DosGetResource2 should only be freed using DosFreeResource.
#define INCL_DOSRESOURCES2 USHORT rc = DosGetResource2(ModHandle, TypeID, NameID, ResAddr); HMODULE ModHandle; /* Module handle to get resource from */ USHORT TypeID; /* 16 bit resource type ID */ USHORT NameID; /* 16 bit resource name ID */ PULONG ResAddr; /* where to return resource address */ USHORT rc; /* return code */
EXTRN DosGetResource2:FAR INCL_DOSRESOURCES2 EQU 1 PUSH WORD ModHandle ;Module handle to get resource from PUSH WORD TypeID ;16 bit resource type ID PUSH WORD NameID ;16 bit resource name ID PUSH@ DWORD ResAddr ;Resource address (returned) CALL DosGetResource2 Returns WORD