ContextL is a CLOS extension that supports Context-oriented Programming (COP), note that this is a slightly misleading term.
ContexL itself is very portable and makes no system specific requirements, however it is dependent on the Closer to MOP compatibility layer which only supports a subset of available LISP/CLOS implementations which in practice means that on OS/2 ContexL currently only runs on CLISP although that may change in the near future.
Last known version: ContextL v1.0.0 (2013)
- Robert Hirschfeld, Pascal Costanza, Oscar Nierstrasz: Context-oriented Programming - Originally published in The Journal of Object Technology, Vol. 7, No. 3, March–April 2008
- Pascal Costanza: Context-oriented Programming in ContextL; State of the Art - Originally published in Proceedings of Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Lisp, co-located with OOPSLA 2008, Nashville, Tenneessee, USA, October 20, 2008, ACM Digital Library.
- Pascal Costanza, Theo D’Hondt: Feature Descriptions for Context-oriented Programming - Originally published in the Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Dynamic Software Product Lines (DSPL'08), co-located with Software Product Line Conference 2008 (SPLC2008), Limerick, Ireland, September 8, 2008.
- Pascal Costanza, Robert Hirschfeld: Reflective Layer Activation in ContextL - Originally published in the Proceedings of the ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, March 11-15, 2007, Seoul, Korea.
- Pascal Costanza, Robert Hirschfeld, Wolfgang De Meuter: Efficient Layer Activation for Switching Context-dependent Behavior - Originally published in Joint Modular Languages Conference 2006 (JMLC2006), Oxford, England, September 13-15, 2006, Springer LNCS.
- Brecht Desmet, Jorge Vallejos, Pascal Costanza: Introducing Mixin Layers to Support the Development of Context-Aware Systems - Originally published in the proceedings of the 3rd European Workshop on Aspects in Sofware (EWAS 2006), University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands, August 31, 2006.
- Pascal Costanza, Robert Hirschfeld: Language Constructs for Context-oriented Programming - An Overview of ContextL - Originally published as the Proceedings of the Dynamic Languages Symposium, co-located with OOPSLA'05, October 18, 2005, San Diego, California, USA.
- Jorge Vallejos, Sebastián González, Pascal Costanza, Wolfgang De Meuter, Theo D’Hondt, Kim Mens: Predicated Generic Functions; Enabling Context-Dependent Method Dispatch - Originally published in International Conference on Software Composition 2010, Malaga, Spain, July 1-2, 2010, Proceedings, Springer LNCS.
- Jorge Vallejos, Jianiy Huang, Pascal Costanza, Wolfgang De Meuter, Theo D'Hondt: A Programming Language Approach for Context-Aware Mashups - Originally published in the Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Web APIs and Services Mashups (Mashups'09), co-located with OOPSLA 2009, Orlando, Florida, USA, October 25, 2009.
Open source software released under the One Clause BSD Licence
- Pascal Costanza