A cross platform visual business Basic development system for 32-bit OS/2 and 16-bit MS Windows that offered a number of RAD tools including a forms builder, report writer, and a debugger. Later versions were also delivered in a separate 32-bit Windows version although initially it compiled 16 bit-Windows executables only but the last version offered target support for Win32s, Windows NT and Windows 95. Original list price was US$ 247 (1994).
Note that software developed under versions 1 and 2 of the compiler does not work under Windows 2000 or later. Software developed with version 3 will work in any 32-bit version of Windows, but apparently not in any of the 64 bit version unless it is specifically compiled for the Windows NT target.
- Last known version: CA Realizer v3.0a 1996 - No OS/2 executable, the only version to contain a true 32bit Windows executable. Works with modern 64 bit Windows systems.
- Last known OS/2 version: CA Realizer v.2.0 introduced in 1993 - Version 2.07 from 1994 is the last known version of the 2x branch that has full OS/2 support - Has rudimentary 32 bit Windows and Win-OS/2 support but does not work with modern 64 bit Windows systems and neither do programs developed with the system.
- CA Realizer v.1.0 1992 for OS/2 and MS Windows
- Realizer v1 released in early 1991 by Within Technologies as a Microsoft Windows 3.0 tool only.
- Within Technologies (Original Author)
- Computer Associates
- Straley: Straley's Guide to Programming with CA-Realizer - Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-409445
- CA-Realizer v1 promotional demo - From 1992 - Runs under DOS