CA-Clipper is an application development system for DOS and LAN environments.
In 1992 the Nantucket Corporation was sold to Computer Associates and the product was renamed to CA-Clipper.
- From Nantucket Corporation
- Clipper Summer 87 (Jan 1988) Speed and feature improvements especially in the debugger, mostly rewritten in C using Microsoft C. First version to actually ship with a manual but prior to this you were expected to have access to a dBase III manual - By many considered the first well working version of the program - List price USD 695.
- Clipper 5.0 (1990) brings with it rudimentary object-oriented extensions to the xBase language.
- Clipper 5.01 (Apr 1991)
- From Computer Associates
- CA Clipper 5.01a (1992)
- CA-Clipper 5.2 (Feb 1993)
- CA-Clipper 5.2e (Feb 1995) - latest bugfix
- CA-Clipper 5.3 (Jun 1995), last version delivered as a DOS product, added support for numeric co-processor and DOS Graphic Modes.
- CA-Clipper 5.3a (May 1996)
- CA-Clipper 5.3b (May 1997)
- Add-on products
- Clipper VO v.1.0 - December 1995
- CA-Clipper Tools - extension library
- CA-Clipper/Compiler Kit for dBASE IV
- Closed source commercial software - Discontinued
- Nantucket Software (Original developer)
- Computer Associates
- GrafX Software
- CA-Clipper promotional demonstration - From 1992 - Runs under DOS
- Gene Smilgiewicz: A review of Clipper Summer 87 - From PC magazine 1988
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ 2.31) about CA-Clipper and CA-Visual Objects
See also: Clipper