A development system from IBM that aimed to combine all their previous and diverse APL offerings into one coherent product line. Initially only available for OS/2 but eventually was available for all mini and mainframe operating systems from IBM in addition to Microsoft Windows and most Unix platforms as well, there was also a version available for DOS that was slightly simpler than the other offerings.
- Advanced Version 1.0
- Entry edition
- IBM APL Entry Edition Download
- IBM's APL2 page - Product page for the current APL2 offering, no longer any OS/2 info on there, but some useful tidbits can be found if you rummage around.
- APL & APL2 typeface in TrueType and Adobe formats (OS/2 APL2 typefaces shipped only in Adobe format)
- An archive of APL related templates and files
- IBM's FTP site for APL2 - Demos, fixes, and information
- APL2 for DOS demo
- A review of IBM's APL2 for OS/2 (entry ed.) - APL Qoute Quad, Volume 25 Issue 3, March 1995 - Pages 17 - 22
- Zdeněk V. Jizba: TEACH0 APL/2 for OS/2 Tutorial, also available in a web format here with some additional material.
- Commercial Software - Discontinued
- Author: IBM